This is a favorite at Her Fitness and I've been using this recipe for years…
Of course we need Chicken Soup with the windy, cold weather!
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 large golden yam (white sweet potato), peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper for serving
- Place chicken breasts, sweet potato, carrots, onion, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, turmeric, and salt into 5-6 quart slow cooker. Add chicken broth. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Uncover, take out and shred chicken, and place back into the slow cooker. Stir and serve with fresh ground pepper.
All images and text ©