A great way to start your Valentine’s day!
RED VELVET PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup roasted beets (~1 whole beet or 1/3 cup sliced beets from a jar) (I’m going to try dried pomegranate and frozen strawberries since I don’t have beets in the house)
- 1/3 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp (2 packets) Stevia
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (sub for vanilla)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a high power blender, and blend until smooth. Top with chocolate shavings for extra decadence.