Did you say Pumpkin?
I think of pumpkin for Fall, but I think of any soup for Winter, so give this a try and let me know what you think!
Recipe & pictures from http://fatflush.com/fat-flush-pumpkin-soup/
- 2 lbs pumpkin or other winter squash (can substitute sweet potatoes for 1 lb.), cut into small pieces
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne to taste
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- Saute onions and garlic in small amount of stock until onions are clear. Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to boil, then simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse blender in boiling water, then blend all ingredients in batches.
- Variation: Add a dollop of plain yogurt on top for phase 3.