I was thinking about why some women get the results they really want, while others just never seem to make a shift.
I came up with a whole bunch of ideas why women don’t have significant change like these:
- The foods they think are “healthy” aren’t really healthy for them.
- There are too many temptations at home/work/school, etc.
- They don’t get enough sleep (a biggie!).
- They have unknown hormonal imbalances.
- They eat too many calories.
- They drink too many calories.
- They don’t exercise.
- They don’t lift weights.
- They do too much cardio.
- They experience too much stress.
I came up with ONE main thing done by women who DO get the results they want:
- They spend more time doing the right things than the “wrong” things.
For instance, more often than not, they eat 3 to 5 servings of vegetables per day. Some days, it’s only 1 or 2 servings, but most days it’s 3 to 5 or more.
Most weeks, they exercise at least 3 days per week. Some weeks, it’s none or only once. But most weeks, they exercise (including lifting weights) three days per week.
Most nights, they have no alcohol or limit it to one.
So, if you’re not getting the results you have been expecting, sit down and take a hard look at what your habits are most of the time.
If you’re not really sure where you fall on the spectrum, I’m happy to help you figure it out!