It is watermelon season and I was looking for something without feta and didn't find…
Okay, I didn’t write “green” in the subject line, but come on…you’ve got to try a green soup once in your life!
It’s a good way to show yourself some love! Getting all these greens…ahhhh, so healthy! Imagine if this was your “norm?”
You’d be feeling more energetic, more satisfied, you would sleep better, and your inflammation would go down!
Give it a try!
Green Detox Soup
- 3 medium or 2 large yellow onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, washed but not peeled, and roughly chopped
- 10 leaves dinosaur kale, roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped (while you can chop off any especially woody bits, it’s great to include the stem)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head garlic, cloves removed and minced
- ½ cup packed cilantro (or fresh coriander, for Brits)
- ½ cup packed parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp raw, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high until warm. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add zucchini, kale and broccoli and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is easily pierced with fork.
- Turn off heat, add garlic, and let cool, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Working in batches if necessary, blend with cilantro, parsley, lemon and sea salt until very smooth. Serves 4.