This is a favorite at Her Fitness and I've been using this recipe for years…
My family loves tater tots, so I thought I’d look for a variation on the typical frozen tater tots you buy in the store.
With only 5 ingredients, I thought this recipe was a winner.
I’m going to try them and use my high speed blender, because I don’t have a food processor. If you make them…let me know what you think!
- 1 pound broccoli (2 small heads of broccoli)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Chop the broccoli florets and stems.
- Steam the broccoli for 3 minutes or microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the food processor.
- Process the broccoli by pulsing it until the broccoli resembles rice.
- Add the riced broccoli to a large bowl with the ground flax, almond flour, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir the broccoli with the rest of the ingredients and let sit for 1-2 minutes to come together.
Form 18-20 broccoli tots by pressing the mixture into the palm of one hand then forming tots using the thumb and pointer finger of the other hand. Press the mixture together well.
Bake in a 375F oven for 20 minutes, flipping with 5 minutes left so they can brown on both sides.
Form the broccoli tots as directed in steps 1-7 above.
Carefully place the broccoli tots in the air fryer in a single layer, making sure they don’t overlap.
Turn the air fryer to 375, and cook for 12 minutes.