http://www.immerwachsen.com/2013/05/07/strawberry-ice-cream-coconut-milk/ Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients: 2 cans coconut milk 6 ounces frozen strawberries OR…
I saw “NO-BAKE,” and thought this one had to be a “share!”
Start this recipe today or tomorrow; there is some “soak” time.
The ingredients below might be new or different than some of you use, but you can always start with small changes. For example, use the almond flour, but use regular sugar today. Slowly start adding less processed/less inflammatory ingredients to your pantry.
For The Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For The Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces, soaked (see directions below)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 3 medium lemons; tart lemons work best, not Meyer)
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For The Topping:
- 8 medium strawberries, sliced (approximately 1 cup)
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Place the cashews in a clean bowl. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and then pour the water over the cashews to soak. The cashews should be fully immersed in the water. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, if possible.
- Line a 8″ x 8” baking dish with parchment paper, cutting the corners to help the paper fit. This will help so that the cheesecake is super easy to remove.
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust into your food processor. Process until all of the ingredients are combined and a slightly crumbly dough forms. Place the dough onto the parchment-lined pan and use your fingers to press it into an even crust. Place the pan into your refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place all of the filling ingredients into your food processor. Process until the cashews have completely broken down, scraping down the sides as needed, approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Top with the strawberries and blueberries, gently pressing them into the top of the cheesecake to set. Place the cheesecake into your refrigerator to set for at least 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. ENJOY!