My “breathing” mentor sent this out recently, and I can’t wait to try it!
Lemon is so good for you, and anything to make it easier to put in your water is a great thing! (Although the prep isn’t easier or faster, it will save time during busy mornings!)
Dehydrated LEMON SLICES
These are DELICIOUS in ice water and hold their flavor so you can keep refilling without replacing the lemon slice!
- Get 1-2 bags of organic lemons. (Buy organic, if possible, to avoid infusing pesticide into your water!)
- Wash and slice lemons about 1/4″ thick. Remove seeds.
- Place slices in single layers on trays in a dehydrator. (I have a Nesco dehydrator I got for about $60 from Bed Bath & Beyond five years ago, and it works great!)
- Dehydrate at 125 degrees for 10-12 hours.
- Store dehydrated lemons in an airtight container.
- Add one or two to your water glass or reusable bottle and refill all day without replacing! Your water will taste great.
- Works with any citrus fruit, like oranges and limes. I make a great Sangria recipe with dehydrated citrus fruits.