"Muscles are basically endocrine organs" says Kelly McGonigal, PhD. An endocrine organ produces a chemical…
What do you think? Can you lose 10# during this crazy time?
My client did. (I am so excited for her!!!!)
Yep, she lost 10# since this whole thing started.
What did she do differently?
She ate 10 servings per day of fruits and vegetables (typically three fruits).
See, it’s not all about the exercise. It’s some about the exercise, but that’s only 3 hours a week for most of my clients…now people are walking more, which is very healthy, but not a huge calorie burner.
If she exercises 3 hours a week and she lost 10 #, what’s that tell you?
It tells you that what you do in the other 165 hours a week is super important!
- Getting in your veggies, just as my client did
- Getting enough sleep (most women need 7-9 hours per night – notice I didn’t write 6 hours, I wrote 7-9 hours)
- Managing your stress (pray, mediate, read a book, spend time on yourself, listen to personal growth messages, taking bath, staying off Social Media, reduce alcohol)
- Taking needed supplements
- Laughing and having good relationships
- Feeling accomplished each day
- …and exercise
Stuff like this that…
BUT…I’m not saying this is the right time for everyone to try and lose weight!
It’s not the easiest thing to just pop into the grocery store to get fresh produce twice a week, HOWEVER, it can be a great opportunity for you to review your life, be introspective and really notice what and where you can change to work towards better health.
What are you doing 165 hours a week?
“Run the day or the day runs you.” Jim Rohn