I have this great book called The Skinny Gut Diet by Brenda Watson, and it’s all about gut health.
This week, I wanted to share a “flat belly” recipe, so I went right to her book and then tried to look it up online.
Since I couldn’t find Brenda’s recipe online, I took a picture of hers as you see below and found a similar recipe online from someone else.
p.s. Tara…this one’s for you. 😉
The ingredients and recipes are mostly the same, so here they are:
Link to online recipe: Spicy Sauteed Kale from the Cookin’ Canuck
Notes: I am not a fan of non-stick cookware, as it leaches toxins, plus for high heat, olive oil is not preferred. Try coconut or avocado oil.
- 1 1/4 lb. kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced, green & white parts separated
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Remove the stems from the kale, and roughly chop the leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the green onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the kale and vegetable broth, cover, and let cook until the kale is just wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt, and stir in the balsamic vinegar and green parts of the green onions. Serve.