It is watermelon season and I was looking for something without feta and didn't find…
It’s going to be a perfect night for grilling the next couple of nights, and this recipe needs a little time to marinate, so it’ll be perfect for tomorrow.
It’s got cilantro, so stop reading if cilantro tastes like soap to you, unless you want to try replacing it with parsley, which I bet would also be delicious!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into large bite-size pieces
FOR MARINADE (you can make this the night before)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (a soy sauce alternative) – you can also use liquid aminos or tamari which is gluten free soy souce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- several grinds of black pepper
TIPS FOR COOKING CHICKEN KABOBS:
- The perfect marinating time for softer meats like boneless chicken breasts is 2-4 hours (no more than 8). Marinating too long will create a mushy consistency.
- Use kitchen shears to chop your chicken breasts into uniform pieces. No need to get your cutting board all dirty with raw meat.
- Use a shallow glass bowl to marinate your chicken pieces. Plastic bags create unnecessary plastic waste, and I am not convinced that unwanted chemicals and dyes do not leach into your foods, especially if using an acidic marinade.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for 20-30 minutes before using to prevent burning.