Every day we need to prioritize moving our bodies, we are meant to move! Yes,…
One of the hardest things about getting fit is taking the first step.
For many women, fitting in an exercise session can seem like daunting change and it can feel more like an obligation rather than a joyful experience.
If you’ve experienced those feelings, but you really want a result that exercise can give you like:
a healthier body
a longer, better quality life
or simply to be less achy and move better,
than take simple steps first.
Exercise is something you’ve got the rest of your life to do and so it is fine and good to start slow and simple.
Here are some ideas:
- Try going for a walk at lunch (then add in two more 10 minute walks after about a month)
- Do 10-20 squats or 10 push-ups at the counter when you are prepping dinner (then add a second set in the morning or lunchtime)
- When you wake up, before you get out of bed, do some focused breathing and then some leg stretches
- Once you’ve got that going, add some stretches once you are standing.
- At your desk, set an alarm every hour and do 10 heel raises. This exercise seems so trivial, but it can have a positive impact on your blood glucose levels! Amazing!
- Hold a plank for 30 seconds 3x/week. Increase to 5x/week once your confidently doing it 3x
You get the idea, but most of you won’t follow through because you don’t think it’s “good enough” or “hard enough”
but, It IS good enough…because 1. It is moving your body and 2. It is building a habit…you will build some momentum.
Try something right now and then you can say “I did it!”
What is the alternative? You don’t exercise at all?
Instead of doing nothing, do something…it really works!