- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour (can sub in gluten-free flour)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (should contain 20-25 grams protein) (I like My Custom Cleanse for vegan option and JayLab Pro for whey)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Combine flour, baking powder, and protein powder in a large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Add in eggs and stir.
- Add in coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup. Stir until clumps dissolve and batter is formed. Should be thick but a bit liquidy. If it’s too thick (this can vary depending on protein powder), add milk until desired texture is reached.
- Pour about two ladlefuls of batter into your greased waffle maker, and close it. Lift up according to maker’s directions, or after about 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 for second waffle.
- Enjoy with fruit and maple syrup.