One of my favorite exercises is the Surrender!
This exercise gets your heart rate up, works your entire body and can be done at home, in a hotel room, outside or at the gym. Combine this with some burpees and jumping jacks and you’ve got a killer mini-circuit!
- Place your hands behind your head and squeeze your shoulder blades together, keeping shoulders down and away from your ears. You really want to engage the posterior shoulders and upper back.
- Keep your body tall. Brace your abs
- Go into kneeling position.
- Come back up. Your back toe, not the top of your foot or shoelaces, should be on the floor when you push up. Pull yourself up to standing by pressing into the heel of the front foot making certain to keep your knee in-line with your ankle.
- For added intensity add a jump at the top.
- Switch legs.