Okay, so it’s not a recipe for eating, but it’s still a recipe for something healthy!
Originally, I was looking for something to use turmeric in, since this root spice is notorious for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
When I came across these face mask recipes, I was intrigued and thought I’d share it with you.
A few things I found out:
- It’s best to use organic turmeric root.
- Use local, raw honey.
- The turmeric will stain your skin, especially if you leave it on too long. Use oil (like olive, coconut, or even vegetable) on a cotton ball to remove it. (Or see the link below for tips to remove.)
Here are a couple of face mask recipes:
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 10-20 drops of tea tree oil (optional)
- I mix everything together in any container, and I apply on my face.
- I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, then I rinse it off.
- It leaves my skin with this wide-awake feeling.
- It also leaves some yellow tint behind, which needs a good cleanser/toner to get rid of.
- I use it about 1-3 times a week, depending on my skin condition.
- I started seeing changes in my skin in about a week.
- My dark spots have faded, my skin looks clearer & brighter, radiant, and more youthful & lively.
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon raw, organic honey
- 1 tablespoon organic plain (unflavored) yogurt or kefir
In a small glass bowl, combine turmeric, honey and yogurt. Stir to combine.
Apply mask to clean face. Let mask sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and a washcloth.
Moisturize as normal.
Please let me know if you try this and share your before and afters!