Here are your choices:
- Sub sandwiches
- Macaroni/Potato salads
- Corn chips
- Pita Chips
- Grilled Veggies
- Common dessert items that looked really, really yummy!
So, what would you have eaten if you have a fat loss or maintenance goal?
I’ll tell you what I chose:
- Meat from sub (roast beef)
- Grilled veggies
- Corn chips (through years of monitoring, experimenting, my body can handle corn better than bread products – still I consider this a treat, so NO dessert!).
It’s up to you to make the choices as to what goes into your body.
You know eating macaroni salad and cake won’t get you to look and feel like you really want to, so eat those foods when you really, really want to enjoy them or enjoy an experience with family or friends.
Here’s what you can do when you KNOW your food choices later in the day WON’T be optimal:
- Eat very well, complete healthy meals early in the day. Don’t underestimate this!
- Drink lots of water or plain tea
- Fill up on the veggie choices – I mean FILL UP the entire plate.
- Sit or stand AWAY from the temptations – in a different room if possible.
- Don’t eat something you know you can’t stop. Chips are perfect examples! You can’t have just one – TRUTH:)
- Pick and choose. If you do have a sandwich, skip the dessert. If you have dessert, skip the alcohol.
- Have a plan for the next day. Get back on track immediately. NO EXCUSES – make it your new rule.
- Enjoy the time with your family and friends– don’t obsess or beat yourself up for less than optimal choices. Eating certain food doesn’t make you a good person or bad person, but there are consequences to your choices.