Warmer weather IS coming!
The idea of making my own popsicles brings me back to childhood. It’s just fun!
I like the idea of homemade icy treats, because you can have a special treat without food dyes, high fructose corn syrup, or preservatives.
If you haven’t tried making pops at home before, they are fun and addictive. The only thing you need is a mold and some food-grade popsicle sticks.⠀
- 3 cups ripe pineapple, roughly chopped⠀
- 1/4 cup lime juice⠀
- Pinch of sea salt⠀
You will also need:⠀
- High-powered blender⠀
- Popsicle molds⠀
- Food-grade popsicle sticks⠀
- Combine the pineapple, lime juice, and sea salt in a blender, and blend on high for a minute to thoroughly mix.⠀
- Fill your popsicle molds with the mixture, making sure to leave a little space at the top of each one to give them some room to expand as they freeze.⠀
- I like to let them freeze for 20-30 minutes before putting the popsicle sticks in so that they don’t fall all of the way in as they set.⠀
- Give them 6 hours or so in the freezer.
Makes 8-10 popsicles.⠀
Note: The pulp always seems to separate from the pineapple and lime juice when I make these, but I still think they taste great and love keeping it. If you want, you can substitute 2½ cups of pineapple juice for the fresh pineapple, and they will be more uniform.⠀