Nothing says fall like a trip to the apple orchard! The smell of apples cooking…
Iced Green Ta Mojito
Photo & recipe credits Primally Inspired
- 1 Pitcher of Unsweetened Iced Green Tea (I use 12 teabags or 4 tablespoons of THIS loose leaf tea per 8 cups of water for my pitcher. Never let the water come to a boil for green tea – it will make it taste bitter. Also only steep for 3 minutes – any longer will extract bitter elements from the tea)
- Per serving:
- 3 mojito mint leaves (the Cuban mojito mint is called Mentha nemorosa, but you can use any type of mint! Spearmint and Peppermint are popular choices)
- 2 slices cucumber
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ – 1 teaspoon pure raw honey (or other sweetener of choice, more or less to taste)
- Optional: extra lime slices and mint leaves for garnish
- To make an alcoholic version, add 1 ounce of rum.
- Squeeze the lime juice into a glass.
- Add the mint leaves and the cucumber slices to the glass and muddle until the leaves are slightly bruised.You can also use the back of a spoon if you don’t have a muddle.
- Fill the glass with ice and add your iced green tea.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Stir well and garnish with additional mint leaves and lime slices, if desired. Enjoy!