Before this Father’s Day weekend begins here are a few things to remember:
1. Remember “WHY” it is so important for you to be healthy, fit and strong. If you haven’t given it much thought beyond, “I want to lose weight”, start noodling it.
2. Celebrate Dad and enjoy some treats, but don’t go bonkers.
3. Plan, plan, plan. Whether you are making reservations or dinner, have some of the healthy stuff, too. Make sure you eat a minimum of 5 servings of vegetables on Saturday AND Sunday.
4. Eat fruit and/or starch in the morning and lunch. It will help with sweet cravings.
5. Go DO something instead of revolving the day around food.
6. Instead of drinking a Strawberry Daiquiri or Pina Colada try these:
1. Squeeze the lemon juice and prepare the strawberries.
2. Puree the strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine lemon juice, 1 cup of water, the raw honey and the strawberries. Bring just to a boil, stirring to make sure it is well combined.
4. Pour the remaining 7 cups of water into a pitcher. Add the lemon-strawberry mixture and stir to combine. Taste the lemonade to see if it needs any modifications. If too sweet, add a little more water and lemon juice. If too sour add a little more water and raw honey. If too plain add more lemon and honey.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours until chilled. Serve over ice…. or just chug it straight from the pitcher in the fridge. I wont tell anyone.
Frozen Coconut Lemonade
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- Zest of two lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Sweetener, to taste (stevia or use honey for Paleo)
- 5 cups of ice
- Add all the ingredients to the blender in the order listed and blend until smooth
Have a great weekend!