1. Fill your omelet with veggies instead of cheese.Try spinach, finely chopped kale, mushrooms, red & green peppers, carrot slivers and red onion. Load up!
2. Have a black bean burger or turkey burger instead of a regular hamburger. Bison burgers are a good choice, too.
3. Instead of soda, drink flavored seltzer or club soda with a splash of cranberry juice.I know some of you are cola addicts and think this won’t cut the mustard, but replace just ONE soda a day and slowly wean yourself!
4. Use Dijon or spicy mustard for egg salad instead of mayonnaise.
5. Use one less tablespoon of oil or butter in recipes.
6. Make a smoothie with water, berries, banana and greens instead of yogurt or milk.
7. Order or make broth-based soup instead of cream based soup.
8. Skip the bread (and the butter or olive oil that comes with it.)You’re not missing anything but filler!
9. When eating a burger (or grilled “sandwich”) skip the roll. Make it a knife & fork burger and still eat the tomato and lettuce. Add cucumbers or avocado for added crunch and flavor.
10. Drink unsweetened almond milk instead of whole milk.