Do you want to get into shape, but you always use the “too busy” reason as to why you can’t?
Maybe it’s because you think it will take a long time.
Nope, you only need 15 minutes to get more fit, but here’s what you have to focus on.
- Lifting/resistance training – A 15 minute walk is nice and feels good, but if you only have 15 minutes and you want to get in shape, you have to challenge your muscles. Using weights, bands, or bodyweight can give you enough resistance for your overload them and change them so you get stronger, burn more calories at rest and feel great!
- Large Muscle Groups – You’re not bodybuilding, you are fitness building. Skip the bicep curls and tricep kick backs with the pink weights. Those are small muscle groups and small weights – not enough to create a training effect. Large muscles use more energy (calories) and challenging them has a bigger impact on your level of fitness by recruiting more muscle fibers and increasing your heart rate unlike small, isolated exercises.
- Do a Full-Body routine – For the same reasons as above. Hit the major areas/movement patterns like pushing, pulling, squatting, bending and core.
Here’s an example of what you might do:
- Make sure you use weights or resistance bands that are challenging
- Your muscles should feel the work, not your joints or back
- Use a timer or reps. Aim for 6-10 reps of each exercises or 30 seconds of work. Don’t rest until you are done with all exercises. Repeat as many rounds as you have time for (even if it’s just one round!)
Never use the “I don’t have enough” time excuse again.
You can do this!