This is a great recipe that you can make ahead so you can easily “grab and go.” Many of my clients at Flemington Boot Camps have come to me because they struggle with eating supportive, nutritious foods that are fast, easy and convenient.
This turkey chili recipe gives you lean protein, veggies and once you’ve made a whole big pot, you can freeze some for later in individual serving sizes or keep it in the refrigerator for a few days and just heat up one serving at a time!
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs 99% fat-free ground turkey (I used 1 package of lean & 1 package of extra-lean)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, no-salt added
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, no-salt added
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (I used Texas Pete)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, no-salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 seranno peppers , chopped (can use jalopeno)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pot and saute onion, celery and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until crumbled and brown, draining excess liquid as necessary.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium/low heat for about an hour. Enjoy!