We had a Green Soup Party last week and let me tell you….YUMMM!
You wouldn’t think so, but listen to me…YUMMM!
Debbie Hill of Vital Change Now! was so gracious and kind to host my clients and I. We all left feeling full and healthy!
Here is a recipe I found on-line. Debbie’s was different – it had kale, rainbow chard, spinach, two types of onions, garlic, sweet potato and lemon.
Give this a try to drench your body in Health!
Curtesy, Autoimmune Paleo
- 2 tbsp solid cooking fat (coconut oil works great here)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-in piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 medium white sweet potato, cubed (about 3 cups)
- 2 small/1 large head of broccoli, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, ½ zested and juice reserved
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Avocado for garnish
- Place the fat in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onions, and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the bone broth, sweet potato, and broccoli to the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat, add the kale, half of the bunch of cilantro, lemon zest and juice, and sea salt.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and blend with a high-powered blender or immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve warm garnished with avocado and cilantro.