This recipe includes Udi’s gluten free millet bread as the panko crust. My family uses this bread every day.
It looks really good and easy – totally my style!
- 2 lbs chicken breast (skinless)
- 200 grams (4-5 pieces) gluten free bread (Udis millet/chia bread)
- 1 tsp or more smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of ginger
- 1 sprig oregano (extra for garnishing)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste (around 1/2 tsp)
- 2 eggs whisked with 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup or more almond meal.
- Extra sea salt to taste
Optional Veggies for One-Pan Meal
- 1/2 lb asparagus spears
- Olive or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 415F. Clean your chicken and place on large pan or plate.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, tear your gluten free bread into smaller pieces and place in food processor or blender.
- Add in garlic, paprika, salt/pepper, leaves from oregano sprig, ginger, and optional turmeric.
- Blend until a panko/meal crumb batter is formed.
- Place gluten-free panko in a small bowl. Place your almond meal in a separate bowl.
- Whisk your eggs/mustard together in a third bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken with almond meal, then generally salt.
- Dip the chicken in your egg mix, then roll it in the panko/bread seasoned mix.
- Place on sheet pan.
- Place in oven at 415 F for 25 minutes or so.
Instructions for Adding Vegetables
- If you want to add vegetables, then add your asparagus spears to the pan after the chicken has baked for 10 minutes by itself. Just remove the pan from the oven, add your asparagus, and drizzle 1/2 tbsp olive oil over the asparagus. Then add salt and pepper.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of veggies. Serve and garnish with extra oregano leaves, paprika, and pepper.
If you make it, I’d love to know how it comes out!