Tomorrow you are going to exercise.
You’ve made the decision and you are really going to do it this time!
Tomorrow comes and you get up and the dog needs to be fed, the kids need to be fed, oh, and throw in a load of laundry because you can so you do.
By this time, you either have to go to work, get on laptop or your mother just called and that’s going to be a while..forget it – you’ll have to start tomorrow.
And so the cycle continues.
Here are 3 Tips To Make Sure Your Workout Actually Happens:
1. Write down exactly what you are going to do (walk, lift weights or follow a workout on-line which you will pick out the night before).
2. Lay out your workout clothes the night before – easy to get, easy to put on. My college roommate use to wear her exercise clothes to bed..it was awesome!
3. Prepare any food or snack that you will need immediately pre and post workout. I always make my post-workout shake the night before.
4. Go to bed earlier than normal. You’ll just need that extra time in case you wake up in the middle of the night because you’re anxious about a new routine. Also, you are going to get up earlier than normal so you can get this done!
5. Make a commitment to yourself that you won’t do anything but exercise first thing in the morning (and then Don’t do anything else except workout) Get up earlier than normal so you have time before everyone else gets up and needs your attention. The dog and cat and goldfish can wait…honestly, they can wait 45 minutes
6. Reward yourself for sticking to the plan! Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back, buy yourself new coffee mug with an inspirational saying..or whatever it is as long as it’s not a food reward. James Clear, author of Atomic Habits says that the smallest of reward is how you begin to develop a new, empowering habit.