If you’ve known me long enough, you know drinking green smoothies is one of my favorite healthy “things to do”. Green smoothies haven’t been in my public vocabulary for a some time now and I think I might have gotten a little shy because people tend to turn their noses at “drinking spinach”, but hopefully you’ll give this one a go! Green smoothies are just so darn good for you and easy!
With the recommended 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables (mostly vegetables), drinking them is way easier to meet that goal. In other words…it’s a convenient way to start taking care of yourself.
Here are 5 Good Reasons to Drink Green Smoothies
1. Helps balance the pH of your stomach (do you take the “purple pill” or other GERD meds? Read here http://primaldocs.com/members-blog/the-truth-about-stomach-acid/ )
2. Gives you tons of energy…naturally.
3. Curbs cravings for sweets.
4. Increases your daily intake of fiber and you know what that helps with;)
5. They fill you up...drink them any time. Who wants to feel hungry and deprived? Not me! (this one is not a meal replacement, but rather a snack or side dish)
- Green tea (I like Yogi brand, Green Tea Super Antioxidant)
- 1 Green apple
- 1/4 large cucumber
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 thumb size fresh ginger
- Big handful fresh spinach leaves
- Leafs from about 4 sprigs of cilantro or parsley