We know that when you feel motivated, you feel unstoppable!
You are in a good mood, you get things done, you feel excited, it’s just a great day!
BUT…when you are after a goal that take more than a day to reach, you don’t always have that “high.”
SO…what can you do?
Just do it…..and that is why Nike’s slogan is so powerful.
You’ve just got to get done what needs to get done.
The elite athletes, like Joetta, have days when they are tired, don’t feel well, social and family issues are tearing them up, but they still show up in the gym, for practice, etc.
You don’t have to be an elite athlete to think like that!
You are special, too;) You can have the same mindset of “I want X so I must do Y”….that means you show up, you do what needs to get done even when you don’t feel like it, even when you aren’t 100%, even when you aren’t on an inspirational high.
Now, there are things you can do to get a burst of energy and change your physiology so that you want to do what needs to get done.
Here are some ideas to do that in no particular order:
1. Do some breathing exercises, “priming”- Tony Robbins has a great “pump you up” breathing routine and that really gets you going. Google it.
2. Have a great morning routine that you love – and follow it.
3. Be grateful…for everything. When you are not feeling particularly motivated to do the thing that will reach your goal, write a list of 10 things you are grateful for.
4. Just do the thing. Taking action actually motivates you to do more of the thing. “Do the thing to do the thing.”
5. Is your goal written down? Have you read and repeated it daily ( a gazillion times?) If not, It’s time to write it and say it.
6. Pray. You can’t go wrong here!
7. Ask for help and support. You’ve got this and there are people, including me, who want to help you and see you reach your goal!
Sometimes, nothing helps and you aren’t motivated but you still have to show up if you really want what you say you want.