Apply Below IF…
You’re a Hard-Working, Self-Motivated, Customer Service Focused Person who Loves Fitness, Always Wants to Learn (and Share) More, and Will Excel in an Entrepreneurial Environment.
Personal Trainer Wanted for Part-Time Work Developing & Coaching Group Personal Training Sessions at Her Fitness
My name is Marie Ande, owner of Her Fitness. For the past 6 years my business has been educating, motivating, and inspiring my clients to become the best version of themselves through our training, nutrition and lifestyle programs.
Over the last couple years my business has grown and it’s come time for me to bring on some additional help to get to the “next level.” It’s my goal to help thousands of Hunterdon County women get healthy, fit and strong. To do this, I need a strong supporting cast, which includes a SOLID Personal Trainer who is committed to helping clients of Her Fitness to be successful. Her Fitness needs someone who is able to bring the best out of people AND loves working with GROUPS.
As for certifications and previous experience… You don’t need to be a 20-year veteran trainer like me or have an alphabet soup of letters after your name if you’re a self-motivated person who loves to learn about fitness and all things training. I can develop your training skills (nationally recognized certification IS required or your test date must be on the calendar). I can’t fix a lousy personality – you need to be great with people, especially a large group.
SO, ARE YOU OUR NEXT TEAM MEMBER?
WARNING: Working in an entrepreneurial environment is much different than working for a “regular” company – we often build the plane as we fly it. Creativity and flexibility are a must! In addition, we’re looking for someone with the following 12 Entrepreneurial Attitudes*:
- Create Value
- Take Initiative
- Focus on Results
- Have an Ownership Attitude
- Be in Alignment
- Be a Partner
- Take Action
- Be Open
- Learn How to Handle Strong Emotions
- Have Patience and Compassion
- Don’t Give Up
Working at Her Fitness will be a bit different…
Naturally, slackers need not apply. However, you’re not measured by sales performance, but instead by Member RETENTION, Member REVIEWS. Basically, if our Members like you and want to keep working out with us, you make more money. As for sales quotas, they don’t exist. We also don’t pay on commission; you get base salary and the opportunity to increase it – as the business grows you get rewarded.
If you are hired for this position you will follow a set schedule, and split shifts are a norm – we train people when they’re not at work (early mornings and evenings) and that’s pretty standard in the industry. You will also have to work some (1-2) Saturday mornings each month for a few hours, but Sundays will NEVER happen. We also don’t do Friday nights; you’re done by lunchtime. ;-)
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SHORT-TERM OR WANTS TO OPEN HIS/HER OWN BUSINESS IN A YEAR OR TWO! WE’RE LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM MEMBER WITH A LONG-TERM VISION WHO WILL STRIVE FOR GROWTH/LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN OUR GROWING COMPANY…
Your Primary Objective
Educate, motivate and inspire our clients to become the best version of themselves by leading OUTSTANDING group personal training sessions.
Minimum Required Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform initial Functional Movement Screens
- Perform follow-up assessments as necessary
- Provide Great Service to Our Members
- Make them feel incredibly welcome
- Coach them on how to use our various systems to their advantage
- Track attendance
- Follow-up & check-in phone calls
- Celebrate wins, anniversaries, birthdays (announcements at end of sessions)
- Lead Training Sessions
- Competently & confidently explain the routine & exercises at the beginning of each session
- Provide individualized coaching to everyone throughout the course of the workout
- Correct form as needed, but be sure to recognize good form as well
- Adjust weights, provide spots
- Engage the group as a whole, and still be present for each individual
- Facility Maintenance
- Help maintain a clean training environment. We have a system for the big stuff, however some daily maintenance is still required.
Potential Additional Responsibilities:
- Attend special events
- Cover personal training sessions and large group sessions when needed
- Attendance at continuing education/development trainings at your expense
- Great personality/etiquette. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me, and prospective clients, who are also extremely important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through email. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. We’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but we can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Thoughtfulness and organization. We need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. We are very serious about this one. We do NOT want a robot. We want someone who learns and grows with us.
- Facebook is an important part of the Her Fitness community. You must be an active Facebook user and familiar with its basic functions.
- We provide a lot of education to my clients through our blog, print newsletter and e-newsletter. Opportunities may be available for you to provide content to showcase your expertise.
How to Apply
We’re looking to hire the RIGHT person for the job. If this position sounds like the PERFECT FIT for you, then simply click this link and fill out the form.
Apply Here/Personal Trainer Wanted
In good health,
Marie V. Ande, BS, CSCS, FMS L2, SMT
P.S. – This is NOT a corporate type of structure job. We are entrepreneurial small business owners. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough.
I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing GREAT work and contributing to the growth of the business. This position will grow into something bigger and better for the RIGHT person. I still have a lot more I want to accomplish and MANY MORE LIVES TO IMPACT at Her Fitness
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go long way in my book. As long as you have the basic skills I outlined above and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate!
P.P.S. – Time is of the essence here. If you are truly interested, MAKE SURE YOU APPLY RIGHT AWAY.